Love to learn, Learn to love
Every day is open day at Channel Christian School
Parents, children and teachers - we all feel part of a community here at Channel Christian School. We're a praying community, a fun-loving community, a learning community. It's a warm, safe, friendly environment where every teacher knows every child by name.
In a semi-rural coastal setting, the children are relaxed and engaged in their learning.
There's a strong collegial sense among the staff and parents who feel that we're all in this together. Any contribution from parents is valued - hearing reading, helping in the classroom, making models, coaching basketball or soccer, helping with working bees and our very popular Autumn Fair.
We celebrate diversity. We unpack the Christian world view. We learn about God's world and our place in it. We find out about our responsibilities as well as our opportunities.
Our strong kindergarten program is well received by the community - a stimulating entry into the school.
From there it's progress all the way as skills are developed that give a sense of achievement in the present whilst preparing students to continue at Calvin Secondary School for Year 7.
'It's not just a school for my child. It's my school. It's like a family.'
Channel Christian School provides:
- a sound education for boys and girls K- year 6,
- a curriculum that recognises Jesus Christ as Lord of life and learning,
- good class sizes,
- caring, dedicated teachers,
- an excellent preparation for secondary studies,
- a beautiful waterfront setting off Beach Road only minutes from the centre of Margate,
- a buddy system throughout the school,
- lots of hands on science, environmental discovery, art and drama,
- large sporting fields and indoor gymnasium,
- strong supportive community,
- pastoral care,
- focussed whole school learning programs.